diced assorti of fresh vegetable for the sims 3 autumn salad recipe

I have always been a huge fan of The Sims franchise and even though everyone is obsessed with the latest Sims 4, I'm still playing the old-school Sims. One of the most exciting parts of the games is cooking, I always wanted to try out the Sims food myself, so today I'm going to show you how to prepare the famous Autumn Salad!

Warm vegetable salads are my favorite meals, they always taste amazing and the flavor of the spices and vegetables opens in a different, unique way. The Sims 3 Autumn Salad is a great choice if you prefer a healthy lunch break because it feels like a full meal. It took me about 45 minutes to prepare a huge bowl of an Autumn Salad, but you can make a little single portion almost in no time!

various vegetable for the sims 3 autumn salad recipe

The traditional Sims 3 Autumn Salad recipe features all raw ingredients and a red opinion, but to tell the truth, I don't imagine eating raw eggplant, so I've decided to slightly upgrade the salad for my own taste. I've used a regular onion for my Sims 3 Autumn Salad because there was no red onion in my supermarket. If you are not a fan of the specific ingredients I used to prepare this salad, please substitute them with any other vegetables. Let's start!

Ingredients you will need for the Sims 3 Autumn Salad:


Yellow Bell Pepper (red or green)

Salad Leaves (Lettuce or your favorite)

Red or Regular Onion

1 Eggplant

1 Zucchini

Cherry Tomatoes or Regular Tomatoes

Dressing:

Salt & Pepper

Olive Oil

Oregano

1 Tablespoon Mustard

1 Tablespoon Vinegar or Lime Juice

Yield: 

2 servings


cooked vegetables for the warm autumn salad from the sims 3

How to Prepare the Sims 3 Autumn Salad?


  • Start by washing all of the vegetables and leaves for our Autumn Salad, rinse the vegetables thoroughly in cold water, making sure to wash away any dirt from the surface of the skin. Let them dry a little on a clean paper tissue.

  • Now you can start to slice the vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and tomato). Use a sharp chef's knife to cut them into rings, but be careful while working with the knife. Sprinkle eggplant rings with salt and let it sit for a few minutes - salt will remove the bitterness of the eggplant Remove any excess salt by wrapping the eggplant in a kitchen towel or rinsing it under the water.

  • To make the onion rings tastier I like to marinate them before putting them in the Sims Autumn Salad:

  • Slice peeled onion into thin slices, separate into rings, and place in a bowl. 

  • Mix sugar, vinegar (lime, lemon juice), warm water, and spices. Cover the onion rings with the mixture and let for 30 minutes.

  • Heat the cooking pan and add a few drops of vegetable oil, I prefer to use soybean oil, but clean sunflower oil is great as well. Fry the zucchini and eggplant on both sides, let them cool down on a clean paper tissue, it will absorb extra oil.

  • Place salad leaves in a separate bowl, remove marinated onion rings from the marinade, and put it with all of the vegetables together. Mix the Autumn Salad with the dressing and let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes. Bon Appetit!

the sims in real life vegeterian vegan warm salad

I feel like my cooking skills have drastically increased just by sharing with you this wonderful Sims 3 recipe. Please let me know in the comment section if you tried out my Autumn Salad recipe and if you find cooking posts interesting and useful for you, I'm so excited to hear your opinion! In the future I plan to recreate more Sims 3 food recipes in real life, so stay tuned! Are you still a Sims 3 fan?

Lots of love,
Liz