a soft, and gentle facial sponge made from natural konjak plant, a detail review with pictures and impressions by blogger

It is always nice to take care of your facial and body skin with natural cosmetics and makeup products, but using a special tool, made of natural materials is even better. Recently I purchased and tried out my second Konjac Sponge for my face, and it absolutely replaced other tools that I’ve been using to wash my face.

What is Konjac Plant?


Konjac is a kind of vegetable that grows in warm subtropical to tropical eastern Asia, from Japan and China south to Indonesia. This plant is mostly used in the food, medicine, and beauty industries. Konjac Sponges is highly recommended for those who need special gentle skincare. When I took my first look at this tool, the first thought that came into my mind was – oh, no, I am not going to touch my face with this! When dry, the konjac sponge looks like a lava rock – that kind of rock, we use to exfoliate the feet. But after you put it in water for some time, it has grown to twice its size and turns into a soft jelly!

a soft, and gentle facial sponge made from natural konjak plant, a detail review with pictures and impressions by blogger

How to Use Konjac Sponge?


You can use this sponge on its own, just wet it in warm water and gently massage your face and neck area. Konjac fibers gently exfoliate and remove dry skin cells and clay improves its elasticity and refreshes the skin’s appearance. I swear it is the best feeling ever, I'm addicted to it! Or you can put a tiny drop of your favorite skin cleanser and wash your face with a huge amount of foam!

a soft, and gentle facial sponge made from natural konjak plant, a detail review with pictures and impressions by blogger

Final Thoughts


Overall, I want to say that this Konjac Sponge is the best cleansing tool in my life, and that's why I highly recommend it to everyone. I included it in my daily skincare routine, and don't think I'll be able to find a better substitution any time soon. The only thing I want to suggest to you is to take special care of this tool. Because it is made of a natural plant, it is very easy to destroy it, so try to keep it in a dry place and be gentle while rinsing it out with water. And please never use the sponge when it is dry, or you can seriously damage your facial skin because it is really hard when it is dry.

Lots of love,
Liz