bb cream holika holika 3 concept eyes maycheer beauty angel review swatches liz breygel blogger pictures

I'm not a big fan of heavy foundations and full-coverage makeup bases, I have a decent skin condition at the moment and the only thing that bothers me from time to time is dryness. That is why I prefer to use BB creams daily - they work great on my skin all year round! BB Cream was invented in the 1960s by dermatologist Dr. Christine Schrammek and it was meant to protect her patients' skin after facial treatments and surgeries. 

BB cream stands for a `beauty balm` - multi-functional beauty cream, that hydrates the skin, evens out the imperfections, and protects the face from the UV lights. It is basically all in one product, that can be combined with serum, concealer, powder, or can be worn alone. And for today, I wanted to talk about my favorite BB creams, which are the best friends for my dry skin, that needs a special treatment. All of these creams have a different texture, shade and they all work in different ways, so let's talk about each one of them in details!

bb cream holika holika 3 concept eyes maycheer beauty angel review swatches liz breygel blogger pictures


The first cream in the list of my favorites is a Sweet Cotton Pore Cover BB Cream by Holika Holika. It is the thickest BB cream in my collection, thanks to its special formula and the consistency of heavy whipping cream, it covers up even the largest pores, scars, and blackheads. I would recommend you use a light moisturizer before applying this cream because it can emphasize the dry patches, but if you have oily skin you don't need to worry about the dry patches at all. Sweet Cotton has a powdery matte finish and it helps to control excessive skin oiliness, so you don't even need to use powder to set your foundation.

bb cream holika holika 3 concept eyes maycheer beauty angel review swatches liz breygel blogger pictures


The Beauty Angel BB Cream was the first beauty balm I ever tried! It was super cheap, but it does wonders with my dry skin. At the end of the day after I remove my makeup, the skin feels so soft and smooth. Beauty Angel cream has a special whitening formula, so it evens out hyperpigmentation on some areas of my skin - around nostrils and mouth, where my skin tends to have a yellowish undertone. I have the shade 'Light Beige' and it moisturizes and evens out my skin very well, brightens up dull areas, and provides a beautiful healthy glow to my complexion.


The 3CE Pleiotropic BB Cream isolates the skin from the harmful influence of the environment and perfectly covers up any skin imperfections. The consistency of this cream is pretty watery, which makes it perfect for oily and acne-prone skin types. Unlike many other foundations and creams, 3CE BB cream does not have alcohol in its formula, so it takes some time to absorb into the skin and you'll need to wait before setting your makeup with powder. What I really like about this BB cream is the way it feels on my skin. It is super lightweight and it feels like I literally have nothing on my skin - perfect for sunny summer.

bb cream holika holika 3 concept eyes maycheer beauty angel review swatches liz breygel blogger pictures


Maycheer Shea Butter BB Cream is the last, but not least product on my today's list. It is the lightest beauty balm I ever used. Shea Butter is rich in Vitamin A, which helps to improve a huge number of skin conditions and fights blemishes and wrinkles and it has such a nice scent of shea nuts! Maycheer cream evens out the freckles and protects our gentle facial skin from the severe sun rays. I prefer to use this product on those days when my skin looks great and I don`t need to cover up my boo-boos. Thanks to this light formula and runny texture, the skin looks very natural, but it could not hide serious blemishes or pimples.

bb cream holika holika 3 concept eyes maycheer beauty angel review swatches liz breygel blogger pictures

I adore all the products I mentioned above and even though these beauty balms are so different and they work in very different ways, all of them look great on my skin. I love to apply BB cream as I apply a serum or overnight moisturizer - with my fingers, they always work better than any specific makeup brush. The warmth of the hands helps the product to be evenly and lightly applied to the skin. Some BB Creams have a buildable formula, so if you need extra coverage on problematic areas you can always go back and add more of the product. If you want to see these creams in `action` you can click on the links and check out the detailed review on every one of these products, and see the before and after pictures. And what is your favorite BB cream?

Lots of love,
Liz