Mac Eye Kohls: Smolder & Teddy | Review & Swatches

Hi, lovelies! I've posted a little review for these eye kohls by MAC Cosmetics pencils before, but I decided to re-upload it on my blog with new better pictures and a more detailed review. I've bought these pencils after I ran off my regular drugstore eye pencil because I wanted to try out if high-end liners work better than cheaper ones. 

Mac Eye Kohls: Smolder & Teddy | Review & Swatches

These little beauties named "Smolder" (black matte pencil 1,45 g / 05 oz) and "Teddy" (brown pencil with frosty finish 1.36 g / 0,48 oz). They come in very simple, but classy packaging. The tip of the packaging is colored in a shade of a pencil, so it is very easy to find the one you need in a makeup bag. I really like regular wooden pencils, which you can sharpen by yourself and create a desirable and comfortable shape. But at the same time, I found them a bit hard to sharpen. As you can see from the pictures the tips on the pencils are a bit messy, and they don't have a perfect shape.

Mac Eye Kohls: Smolder & Teddy | Review & Swatches

The texture of eye kohl is very soft and blendable. It is easy to apply and to work with these eye pencils. Eye kohl doesn't irritate eyes so it makes this pencil suitable for sensitive eyes and you can apply it on the waterline without any worries. "Smolder" is an intense black color with a smooth matte finish, and "Teddy" is a dark bronze shade with a bit of frosty finish to it, but I still found it suitable for filling my eyebrows.

Overall, I`m pleased with the pigmentation and quality of MAC's eye kohls. It has two great advantages, which I like the most - water resistance and long-lasting formula. Each eye kohl retails for $ 16.00, which is a pretty high price for such a product because I think it is easy to find a nice dupe for it. What do you think about it?

Lots of love,
Liz